2009年6月11日 星期四

Interview with Crap Mariner on Second Life

Yesterday I sent private meaasge to 10 ireporters on CNN. But no one write back to me. So I just search thier names in SL and IM them. Two people added me and were eager to take the interview.

The following is the interview with Crap Mariner

- Instant message logging enabled --
[21:40] alicealice Zepp: Hello : )
[21:40] alicealice Zepp: Thanks for friendship!
[21:41] Crap Mariner: yw
[21:41] Crap Mariner: how may i be of assistance?
[21:41] alicealice Zepp: Well, I am a english major students
[21:42] alicealice Zepp: I am doing project about CNN ireporters report SL stories
[21:42] alicealice Zepp: COuld I ask some questions, let you show your experience? : )
[21:42] Crap Mariner: certainly.
[21:43] alicealice Zepp: Thanks!
[21:43] alicealice Zepp: Fiest of all, why do you want to be a ireporter?
[21:44] Crap Mariner: iReport.com has a large audience. If I have a story to tell, it's a good way to get it heard and viewed widely.
[21:44] alicealice Zepp: Yes, CNN is an international media
[21:45] alicealice Zepp: And what is your mission as an ireporter? : )
[21:46] Crap Mariner: I think it's to show that there are things in SL that would be interesting to people not a part of it yet. So many stories in the media are about the nasty side of SL. The few stories I have done, it's about the good side.
[21:47] alicealice Zepp: Ok. so you want to let more people to know the interesting and good part of SL?
[21:47] Crap Mariner: Yes.
[21:47] alicealice Zepp: I think it is good!
[21:47] alicealice Zepp: Then, do you know your readers?
[21:48] alicealice Zepp: thier age group and social background?
[21:49] Crap Mariner: I really don't know their demographics. There were a lot of viewers of the US Holocaust Museum piece. Some of them were quite dismissive and rude, but I've found that there are always hateful people i nthe world. I just brush them off, do what I do, and figure that their hate will one day be their undoing.
[21:49] Crap Mariner: Today's horrors in Washington reminded me of that piece I did on the museum in SL.
[21:49] alicealice Zepp: Ya
[21:50] alicealice Zepp: I think you hold serious attitude your writing?
[21:51] Crap Mariner: I try to have a loose and relaxed, sometimes silly feel in my writing. Hunter S, Thompson is a hero of mine, and his gonzo style demonstrates the thrill of a journalist writing with a narcassistic approach. But there are times when you have to be serious.
[21:52] alicealice Zepp: I think it is good. Both entertaining, relaxing and serious
[21:53] alicealice Zepp: And I notice your two articles about SL are on CNN, Good job!
[21:54] Crap Mariner: They were featured prominently, yes. I am grateful they gave attention to those efforts. The US Holocaust Museum in SL is an amazing build with purpose.
[21:54] Crap Mariner: i do it not for attention to myself, but for what i report on.
[21:55] alicealice Zepp: Ya, but there are so many articles in ireports everyday, to be selected on CNN is still a nice thing
[21:55] Crap Mariner: i keep meaning to do another. when i have the time and something is important to me, i will.
[21:56] alicealice Zepp: Do you have any idea about which kind of article can be selected on CNN?
[21:56] Crap Mariner: I am unaware of their selection or editorial process.
[21:57] alicealice Zepp: Ok
[21:57] alicealice Zepp: And, you like take adventure in SL and find your topic?
[21:59] Crap Mariner: Topics find me. They spark ideas.
[21:59] alicealice Zepp: Ya, it is good
[22:00] Crap Mariner: Every so often I get an idea... sometimes, I finish it, but often I just blog it and move on.
[22:00] Crap Mariner: Takes me about an hour to write, record, and edit a video piece. I work very fast.
[22:01] alicealice Zepp: You are a good writer then! For , when I write papers I work really slowly XDD
[22:02] alicealice Zepp: Are you a writer in RL? Or does you work have some relation with writing and reporting?
[22:02] Crap Mariner: I do a lot of writing in RL. Not professionally. A hobby.
[22:02] Crap Mariner: stories 100 words long
[22:03] alicealice Zepp: Um
[22:03] alicealice Zepp: Then, what the amazing part of reporting SL stories?
[22:04] alicealice Zepp: Personaly you feel......?
[22:04] Crap Mariner: Each thing I write about is important to me personally.
[22:04] alicealice Zepp: OK
[22:04] alicealice Zepp: is there any limitation of CNN ireports?
[22:05] Crap Mariner: I am not sure.
[22:05] Crap Mariner: But when I reach that limit, I am sure they will let me know ;)
[22:05] alicealice Zepp: XDDDDDDD
[22:06] alicealice Zepp: yesterday I sent a message for you on CNN ireport
[22:06] alicealice Zepp: But the deadline of the project is coming!
[22:06] alicealice Zepp: So I come to Second Life and take interview! XDD
[22:07] Crap Mariner: ;)
[22:07] alicealice Zepp: My group member have not finish the questionnaire
[22:08] alicealice Zepp: after she finished it, could you spend some time answer some more questuins?
[22:08] alicealice Zepp: It is all about CNN ireporters
[22:08] alicealice Zepp: just tell us your experience and feeling of be a ireporter!
[22:09] alicealice Zepp: I hope it wont bother you
[22:12] Crap Mariner: please do so
[22:12] Crap Mariner: crapmariner@isfullofcrap.com
[22:12] alicealice Zepp: Thanks a lot!
[22:12] Crap Mariner salutes
[22:13] alicealice Zepp: Finally, if is ok can I take some pictures with you in SL?
[22:13] Crap Mariner: i am about to go to sleep. perhaps tomorrow?
[22:13] Crap Mariner: there are many of my avatar in my flickr site. look for username isfullofcrap
[22:14] alicealice Zepp: OK, thanks a lot, you are grest help!
[22:14] Crap Mariner: feel free to use any. it's easy to find my av,
[22:14] alicealice Zepp: Thank you^^
[22:14] Crap Mariner: yw
[22:14] alicealice Zepp: Good night~~
[22:14] Crap Mariner: and a good night to you as well

沒有留言:

張貼留言