2009年6月1日 星期一

5/27 Second Life discussion!Yes, but where are the students?

Yes, but where are the students?

27, May, 2009, Group 4 decided what we will do for our final project. First we should find some English-learning organizations. Yes, obviously there are some in Second Life. But the big question is just like what Brooke said: no one is there. When we searched apart, the problem kept bothering me. However, I thought it could be better to put it aside and discuss our survey.
We should have a topic. And I wondered why people would like learn English in SL? I mean learning language in virtual world must be quietly different from learning in real world. So, what is the advantage of learning on line? Alina pointed out that we can ask about how they have classes, such as their way of teaching. I found it interested me a lot-how do those virtual schools follow their students’learning. To connect with people online sometimes may be difficult. Therefore, how do they overcome it and succeed in teaching online? Our group finally decided there will be two parts in our project. Two of us will focus on the organizations and the other will take the students part. We have to try to meet mangers and students. Yes, I am certainly sure that we will do it. Yes, but where are the students? Oh, I’d like to take to them and get some useful information!

沒有留言:

張貼留言